[mythtv-users] mythbuntu-repos for Ubuntu 12.04?

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Fri Apr 13 08:41:36 UTC 2012

On 12/04/2012 21:51, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Nick Rout<nick.rout at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Not exactly. The cmd line config of that went away. You need to
>>> configure it via mythbuntu-control-centre now.
>>
>> With all due respect, IMHO that sucks!
> Removing that portion was so we could include it in the -common
> package (and thus, include it with MCC by default). It was a tradeoff,
> but I'd rather have it in by default than have the debconf interface.
> If I can bring it back in the future I will, but it will need to be
> reworked a bit and the earliest it would get in is 12.10.

Thomas,

I very much hope you can get a command-line interface for choosing which
MythTV repo to use back in to 12.10, for those who use headless
backends. Yes, I know you can ssh -Y to the machine and run MCC remotely
(like we have to do with mythtv-setup, until that goes web-based
anyway), but it's a pain!

Cheers,

John

--