[mythtv-users] Can you update to .25 remotely (VNC or SSH)

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 07:41:16 UTC 2012

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:33 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> No reason not to.
> To reiterate (and assuming you are running mythbuntu-repos anyway)
> back up database ( http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore )
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythbuntu-repos (choose 0.25)
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> reboot

Nick, gotta thank you for just listing the instructions in the most
concise way possible. What sort of timing are we looking at? I only
ask because the missus is studying for an exam and I'm up late. If
it's a 5-10 minute thing, I might be tempted to upgrade now.

I'm assuming we go into mythtv-setup afterwards to check for any new
things, etc?