[mythtv-users] Rescan channels

Stefan D raptorjr08 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 06:50:22 UTC 2012

My cable provider has moved around probably every channel so i can't tune
anything, so i need to rescan all my channels. But i don't know if I'm
doing anything wrong? Probably since i can't get it to work.

First i made a channels.conf file that worked with czap, got a lock on my
channels, and was also able to watch channels with mplayer. So i imported
that channels.conf file into Myth, but still couldn't tune any channel in
Myth.

Then i tried to do a Full scan from Myth, found all channels and added some
that i don't use, but still can't tune anything in Myth.

Now i removed all my DVB cards and all channels, and added the cards again.
First i tried to import the channels.conf, nothing was added although it
looked like it. Then i did a Full scan again and all the channels were
added, but now in a mess and without XMLTV id, i did put in quite some time
last time i scanned for channels to get everything in order. But anyway,
now i could tune all channels.

So it seems to me that Myth won't update my existing channels, only create
new ones. And also, using a channels.conf file didn't seem to do anything.

Shouldn't it be possible to update existing channels, or do i need to start
all over every time there is a change on a channel?

I will try again tonight, it was a little late yesterday, maybe i missed
something.

/Stefan