[mythtv-users] Flakey HD-PVR

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Fri Apr 13 01:09:37 UTC 2012

On 04/12/2012 03:58 PM, Richard Ferrara wrote:
> Thanks for the update, I did see that however mine doesn't lock up. Just seems that mythtv (outside of myth it works first time every time) doesn't choose and set the correct inputs.

In mythtv-setup, under Capture cards, I have the tuning timeout set the
12000 ms.  You will most likely need something similar.

Also, if MythTV can't properly set the inputs on the HD-PVR, it may not
have permission.  Does the user that mythbackend is running as (usually
mythtv) have write permission to /dev/video*?  I think this usually
means adding the mythtv user to the video group.

-- Kevin