[mythtv-users] Flakey HD-PVR

Richard Ferrara sicrb25 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 12 23:05:17 UTC 2012

Gary, I was going to use the IR port but at this point I have it disabled and no modules for it loaded.

I have a very minimalistic setup in order to attempt to resolve the issue. Fresh installations, base driver, composite inputs, no channel changes. I attempted using mythbuntu 12.04 / mythtv 0.25 last night to no avail. Actually, most of the colour saturation was all over the place in 0.25 until I changed to OpenGL.

One thing I did notice is that in 0.25 it no longer has the option to choose the video input for the HD-PVR, it must auto detect (not too well hey :) ).

Looks like my only workaround is to have the script run continuously and increase the timeouts. This is the only thing that has worked "well" in the past. A bit of a dodgy solution which will no doubt get on the wifes nerves and end up in my looking for new hardware. Which is a shame because when it is working, it works great!

Thanks,

-rF