[mythtv-users] Labels instead of Recording Groups

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Apr 12 14:41:40 UTC 2012

On 11/04/12 19:44, Joseph Fry wrote:

> Both my personal and work emails are organized using labels (categories in
> MS Outlook).  I frequently assign multiple labels to a single email and
> when I click on the "folder" representing that label I see all the
> associated emails, even if they appear in other "folders" too.  I haven't
> moved email out of my inbox folder in years, opting to filter it with
> labels instead.

[Off-topic note]
I wouldn't do that if I were you. A long time ago, when I had a real job and my
email was handled by Exchange Server, we were specifically told to remove mail
from 'Inbox' as soon as we could. This was because 'Inbox' content was held on
the local server, as opposed to other folders which were held as part of the
user's data. Obviously, if everyone left everything in 'Inbox' then the Exchange
server's disks filled up rather quickly - which was what happened.

I don't know if this is still the case, but it is still good practice to move
email out of the Inbox and into some kind of organised storage of your own.
Nothing prevents you tagging or searching if it is stored elsewhere.

--

Mike Perkins