[mythtv-users] Upgrading MythTV & Ubuntu at the same time: any benefits?

Andy Sheen sheen.andy at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:18:08 UTC 2012

Thomas Boehm wrote on Thu 12 Apr at 15:01 UK time
> Andy Sheen wrote:
>> If you could add the ppa repositories as command line adds that would be
>> useful. I don't run any windowing systems on my MythTV back ends so like
>> to do things by command line.
>
> man wget
> man dpkg
>
> wget http://mythbuntu.org/files/mythbuntu-repos.deb
> dpkg -i mythbuntu-repos.deb

Well.. what I was after was something more like:

To install 0.23-fixes do:
  add xxx to yyy
  run zzzz

To install 0.24-fixes do:
  add xxx to yyy
  run zzzz

To install 0.25-fixes do:
  add xxx to yyy
  run zzzz

Where run is more likely to be apt-get commands (or am I missing
something here). Given this is the main documentation for adding MythTV
to Ubuntu (as far as I can see) I think it should be spelled out a
little more distinctly as I'm not sure how to get the correct versions
of the packages automagically.

> HTH
> Thomas

Andy