[mythtv-users] Problem upgrading from 0.24 fixes to 0.25 schema 1266 to 1299

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 11 20:47:28 UTC 2012

On 04/11/2012 04:37 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Note, also, that it's possible that if you improperly restored
> 0.24-fixes data into a differently-versioned database schema (such as
> a "pre-created-by-distro/packager scripts" database schema), it could
> have caused this issue.  The MythTV-specific backup/restore scripts
> will prevent users from doing such an invalid restore (which is why we
> have our own scripts--to protect users from mistakes that corrupt
> their databases), but if you used something else (phpmyadmin or even
> mysql command-line client directly) to restore a good 0.24-fixes
> backup, it's possible that may have caused the issues.

Oh, and if this is the cause, you should really look for that original
0.24-fixes (1264 database schema version) database backup (from some
time earlier than the one we used)--the one that was created to move
your data to the upgraded system.  If you find it, you can use the
restore script to restore it:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database

and then the upgrade should succeed--and you won't need to do a partial
restore and should have a valid schema.  Any new recordings you've
created with the upgraded system can be placed into Video Library after
restoring the old DB backup, so you could still watch them (and could
move other recordings into Video Library along with them--since it's a
great place for archiving recordings, if you do archive recordings--that
way you'd have the ones you plan to keep all together and Watch
Recordings could be your "short term" storage for shows you watch and
delete).

Mike