[mythtv-users] Disable HD-PVR remote without disabling PVR-250?

James MacKenzie mst3000 at newsguy.com
Wed Apr 11 13:39:07 UTC 2012

Have a Myth install with a PVR-250, PC-HDTV and HD-PVR.

I was using the ir-kbd-i2c module for the remote with the PVR-250.

Had problems a-plenty with the HD-PVR until I read that if you have the
ir-kbd-i2c module installed, it can cause issues like I was having (1-2 minute
recordings, after which the HD-PVR would hang and need rebooted).  So, I
removed the ir-kbd-i2c module and voila, it works perfectly now.

I'm currently using my wireless keyboard to control things but would really
like to be able to use the remote again.

So...the big question is, is there a way to load the ir-kbd-i2c module for my
PVR-250, but not have it connect to the IR receiver on the HD-PVR?

I hope I'm explaining this well enough.

Thanks!

----