[mythtv-users] remote vs wireless keyboard vs mythdroid vs mythmote please share your experience

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 11 00:05:19 UTC 2012

Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote on Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:27:54AM -0400:
> On 12-04-10 11:04 AM, Rob Verduijn wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I've been tweaking around with mythtv for sometime now and I've always
> > been happy to control it with just my remote.
> > But nowadays I added netvision and start to get annoyed with typing
> > with a remote on the on screen keyboard when looking for media with
> > the search.
> > I know there are plenty of remotes that have a keyboard for easy
> > access, but my experience with mythtv is that configuring a new remote
> > is not something I look forward too.
> >
> > Thus I want to explore some alternatives.
> ..
>
> What I do here, is use a good remote control for 99% of stuff,
> and keep a combo keyboard/touchpad around for anything that
> needs better access.  The Logitech K400 is made for this sort of thing.

If the K400 is bulkier than you'd like, you could also consider a
remote-sized keyboard like the Rii Touch N7
(http://www.loftek.us/product_view.asp?Categoryid=43&id=166) or one of
the many similar models. I have the N7, and although I wouldn't want
to type for very long with it, it works fine for occasional web use
and administration tasks.