[mythtv-users] UK DVB-S Channel Numbering

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 10:06:12 UTC 2012

Mike Perkins wrote:

>The transport data includes the location of the transmitter as a
>name. These can clearly be seen if you scan using the dvb-xxx
>utilities, so could easily be added to the dtv-multiplex table as an
>extra field (if that helped).

That would probably be useful for some users - your situation would
seem to be a prime example of the problem.

>As it is I get three: Oxford first (poor) then Hannington
>(excellent) then Crystal Palace (middling). Unplugging the cable,
>especially as my MBE is stuffed into a cupboard, isn't practical.

I suspect it's the same for many users - MBE stuck somewhere "out of the way".

>To get only Hannington, with the channels numbered properly,
>involves several scans of different types. Not all scans fill in all
>the fields in the transport and channel tables, so repeats are
>required to set everything up properly - and to eliminate unwanted
>data.

As I say, it doesn't affect me, but is this written up anywhere in
the wiki for those it does affect ?
I have to admit that I'm not aware of the differences in data filled
in - I'd assumed that (for example) "scan a single frequency" would
put the same info in the database as a full scan - but only that
which was found by scanning that frequency.

--
Simon Hobson