[mythtv-users] 0.25 release schedule?

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 03:34:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Gavin Hurlbut <gjhurlbu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have not yet heard of any reason this would not be the case.  The
>> actual time of the releases are timed for just after midnight on the
>> US west coast, so, in reality, early morning of Apr 10.
>
> Is there a page on the wiki about upgrading to .25? I looked at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Upgrading but couldn't see
> anything. (Running mythbuntu .24-fixes)
>
> Looking forward to it!

Depending on your mythbuntu version you should be able to

Backup your database using the scripts described in the wiki (goes
without saying)

dpkg-reconfigure mythbuntu-repos

choose 0.25

update/upgrade

mythbuntu will support -fixes version that shipped with your ubuntu
version + one version. LTS is a special case. See the FAQ
http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos and the .db file
http://www.mythbuntu.org/files/mythbuntu-repos.db