[mythtv-users] NVidia HDMI overscan

Joey Morris rjmorris at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 01:34:47 UTC 2012

Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote on Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 12:03:12PM -0700:
> I have my frontend (GT210) connected to an AV receiver (Onkyo) via
> HDMI then to my TV also using HDMI.  The problem I am having is the
> I am not able to see the entire image, it appears to be "cut off"
> all the way around.
>
> I've done many searches, most people having this issue are using a
> DVI to HDMI adapter, which I am not.
>
> I have looked at the settings in both my TV and AV receiver, but I
> cannot make an adjustment for this.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Some TVs have undefeatable overscan, others have a setting to turn it
off. Double check your TV's manual and all the menu options carefully.

I have one TV with undefeatable overscan when using HDMI. It does not
overscan when using VGA, however, so I connect my frontend to that TV
using the VGA port.