[mythtv-users] Coincidentally broken tuner or something else?

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Sat Apr 7 14:20:44 UTC 2012

I am running .24 on a Zotac box with an HVR-1950 usb tuner  on Linux
Mint 12. This setup has been pretty rock solid, but is not working well
today.

The other day I upgraded all packages via apt. After that I started
getting errors in Mythbackend, saying files should be local, but can't
be found. Researching the error, I found it was related to the tuner. I
set the capture cards up again and it seemed to be working, but today I
am finding it will only tune to very few channels. The rest I get no
lock, or partial locks, with myth popups telling me it should have
locked in by now.

The tuner has two sides, but I have only configured digital to tune in
HD over the air

Can anything in myth affect how the tuner works, or am I dealing with a
failing tuner. Is there a way of testing what might be the problem?