[mythtv-users] Must mythbackend be running when executing optimize_mythdb.pl and/or mythlink.pl?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:37:28 UTC 2012

Mike-

Thanks for the feedback, but I was more concerned about the reverse
condition: I run these as part of  my shutdown sequence.  ATM, they are run
after mythwelcome and mythfrontend are stopped, but mythbackend is still
running.  From the logs, I can see that mythbackend gets "impatient" and
starts trying to restart services it depends on, sometimes resulting in a
deadlock until I hit the reset button.

In short, if I kill mythbackend, will either/both of these scripts be able
to perform their jobs?

Craig.