[mythtv-users] Suicable PCI replacement for a failing PVR150

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Fri Apr 6 11:59:35 UTC 2012

First my apologies if this subject has been done to death, a did a few
google searches with no definitive results.

Essentially, my last PVR150 is starting to die on me. I've replaced a
PVR500 with two HDPVR's, but in this I'm capturing from an older STB,
currently via S-Video though I'd be ok going back to the old coax
connection or component connection.

I like the concept of the HVR-2250 (dual tuner et al), but there doesn't
seem to be a PCI version of this card, though I suppose I could turn one
of my front-ends into a slave backend, I'd really prefer not to.

FWIW: I live in north/central ontario, and while there is a slight
chance I might pick up an errant digital signal from across lake Huron,
its not something I'd be depending on for regular TV viewing. Being in
Canada also means no cable card access, and my current source rules out
the HDHomerun / Prime (no analogue capture as far as I can determine).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.