[mythtv-users] Better Channel Change Script

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Wed Apr 4 15:54:28 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:

>> This may be a moot point, but I banged out something that might give you
>> debug information.  Perl is not my first language. :)
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/CXSu4Lcd
>>
>> See what you get in the debug file generated.  I'll be curious to see if
>> it works for you.
>>

> I get the following error when running this script:
>
> syntax error at ./new-channel-changer.sh line 19, near "sub change_SIGNAL "
> Can't use global @_ in "my" at ./new-channel-changer.sh line 20, near "=
> @_"
> syntax error at ./new-channel-changer.sh line 22, near "}"
> Execution of ./new-channel-changer.sh aborted due to compilation errors.

I forgot a trailing semicolon on the line above.  This now compiles for
me.  Try http://pastebin.com/3fHSEvCu instead.

The debug information in /tmp/debugchangechannel.txt will show what the
script sends OUT.  Like Nick said, the debug info in STDOUT and
/var/log/channel.log will give you information on what is passed INTO the
script.  I suspect your problem lies in what happens before the script is
executed.

Good luck.  Sorry about the typo.  I hope that you will get something in
the output.

Jerry