[mythtv-users] All BBC channels are gone

Wed Apr 4 09:12:29 UTC 2012

On 4 Apr 2012, at 09:55, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:

> Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> before I do a channel rescan and potentially messing up my other channel
>> numbers and xmltvid's, are there other people who have problems with
>> receiving all the BBC channels?
>>
>> I'm on the Crystal Palace transmitter if this makes a difference...
>
> Ok, just found this
>
> http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/when_do_i_switch/london/crystal_palace
>
> It looks like the digital switchover starts today. I might be a bit
> daft, but am I not using digital already?
>
> So if you're in the UK, it's worth checking whether you're affected too
> before missing any recordings.

The digital switch over is them turning off the analogue transmissions, which frees up space to boost the power of digital transmissions, and they rearrange the channels on the muxes while they do this.

I believe they only transitioned one mux  last night to give people a chance to make sure their equipment works with the digital only channels before they lose everything, hence why you need to retune again in 2 weeks.

Chris.