[mythtv-users] Error: MythTV is using all inputs but there are no active recordings?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Apr 3 20:50:48 UTC 2012

    > Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:24:37 -0400
    > From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>

    > Now that VL has great metadata support, you'll get title, subtitle,
    > description type information (and much more)--just like you had in WR.
    > Though the description will differ (from TMS's copyrighted description),

This caught my eye.

Are you saying that VL drops the description?  I would imagine that
there are a ton of recordings that would fail to have any thetvdb
description at all, because they're obscure one-shots, etc.

This sounds like it's being done to get around a TMS copyright claim
---or rather, that keeping it in VL it would violate their copyright,
but keeping it in WR wouldn't.  That seems curious, considering that
the same could be said about the entire -recording-, which is someone
else's copyright.  If the project deems that keeping the recording
around is fair use (without which, Myth wouldn't exist), what's the
deal with its description?

Or is it just dropping TMS's description when there's an alternate
from thetvdb, and otherwise hanging onto it?  [Perhaps this would be
obvious if I already had a 0.25 installation, but obviously I don't.]