[mythtv-users] HD Homerun virtual tuners and cableco QAM channel remapping

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 3 14:41:25 UTC 2012

On 04/03/2012 09:36 AM, lists.md301 wrote:
> I'm not sure this is a bug, per se, because this is a very special
> corner case.  But I wanted to put it out there and ask if anyone else
> has seen it, and if there are any steps I could take after a mapping
> change deal with this situation.  I think the Perl script is a great
> thing, and I know the author suggests that running it a 3am and
> letting it do an update potentially keep you from losing recordings.
> I'm thinking that if a user has virtual tuners defined, it may have
> other issues.  Thoughts?  As I have to finish my taxes (for myself and
> my mother) this week, intersecting with myth not-recording time, I'm
> not sure how much time I'll have to experiment with this in the coming
> week to get a handle on what's going on.

The short answer is had you used a supported approach for updating your
channel (and related) information and restarted the master backend, all
would have worked.  This is exactly why we don't support direct DB
editing of the data.

Our intention for the future is to make the supported approach even
easier and more reliable (and, perhaps, even semi-automatic, eventually)
so there's absolutely no reason for users to feel they need to do it
manually.

Mike