[mythtv-users] Access Mythtv from Roku

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 02:25:02 UTC 2012

Kris,

After tweaking mythtv_tv_xml.php a bit (and disabling mythweb
authentication), I am now able to get several TV shows to show up in
mythroku.  However, I am unable to play any of the videos, whether they be
mp4, or nuv.  I checked the video codecs, and confirmed that the mp4 files
are mpeg-4 (see attached photo), so I'm not sure why they are not playing.

I telnet to $ROKU_DEV_TARGET 8080 but saw no player debugging info.  Do you
have any suggestions or areas to check?

-Rob