[mythtv-users] Better Channel Change Script

mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Mon Apr 2 22:09:05 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 19:21, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> > My channel change script only allows me to change channels up to three
> > digits.
> >
> > See here: http://pastebin.com/CTDwvyJ4
> >
> > I'm not a scripting genius, so not sure how to fix it. Anyone have a
> better
> > script or can tell me what to change so I can change to four digit
> channels?
>
> It is not clear that there is anything in that script that limits it to
> three
> digits (and even has a stated example of channel 1234).  However,
> sometimes it is necessary to wait some time period between
> key presses (especially duplicated keys, since most STBs
> provide some form of debounce protection, so it might see
> something like 0112 as 012 (the two 1 keys presumed to be
> a finger bounce unless there is sufficient idle/silence time between
> the keypresses)).
>
> The wiki has a number of scripts that claim full 4 digit channel support,
> many with various locking and inter-key delays.  You might want to
> peruse them at:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Channel_Change_Scripts
>
> Not clear that any claim having been tested explicitly with a
> CommandIR and a DirecTV STB.
>
> Gary

This may be a moot point, but I banged out something that might give you
debug information.  Perl is not my first language. :)

http://pastebin.com/CXSu4Lcd

See what you get in the debug file generated.  I'll be curious to see if it
works for you.

Jerry