[mythtv-users] Better Channel Change Script

mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Mon Apr 2 20:29:52 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 3:21 PM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:

> My channel change script only allows me to change channels up to three
> digits.
>
> See here: http://pastebin.com/CTDwvyJ4
>
> I'm not a scripting genius, so not sure how to fix it. Anyone have a
> better script or can tell me what to change so I can change to four digit
> channels?
>
> (This is for a Command IR unit an an old DirecTV Set Top box.)

I'm not a Perl genius, either, but I can't see anything in that script
which would be limiting you to three digit channel changes.  There is a bit
in there that adds spaces between the digits in the string but I suppose
that's what is needed.

Could it be that your old DirecTV set top box won't accept four digit
channel changes?  Sorry if that's something you've already checked.
Otherwise, you'll have to add some debug lines in the script to see what's
going on (printing the variables as they go through the loop to a file
perhaps).  Something like
http://www.troubleshooters.com/codecorn/littperl/perlfile.htm might work.

Troubleshooting can be a pain in the butt but you might find your answers
that way.  I don't have a cable box or I'd try your script.

Good luck!
Jerry