[mythtv-users] Lossless Transcode 0.25

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Sun Apr 1 12:17:29 UTC 2012

>>I think I have narrowed it down to a Mythbuntu 11.04 thing.  My SBE still
>>runs 10.04 and used to do all my transcoding, so I have it transcode a
>>file
>>rather than the MBE which I upgraded to 11.04 on the weekend and no purple
>>lines.  I believe I will be downgrading the MBE to 10.04 next weekend.  I
>>am
>>assuming the ffmpeg libraries 11.04 uses are not like by mythranscode,
>>though this is just a guess.

>I did a fresh install of Mythbuntu 10.04 on my MBE this morning, brought it
>up to current with the Mythubuntu 0.25 repos and transcoded 17 recordings.
>Every single one of them is flawless (at least in the trouble areas that I
>checked).  I think it's safe to say it is a Mythbuntu 11.10 issue, not a
>MythTV issue.

Over in the Mythbuntu forums, Nick Rout raises an interesting question /
point http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11809418#post11809418

If this is a Mythbuntu 11.10 issue, it would imply that mythtranscode is
linking to the ffmpeg libraries of the OS.  Nick is under the impression
that mythtranscode uses internal libraries to avoid issue exactly such as
this.  If this is the case, perhaps it is a Myth issue after all?