[mythtv-users] How many simultaneous recordings on one drive?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Thu Sep 29 17:07:41 UTC 2011

On Thursday, September 29, 2011 11:26 AM, "Eric Sharkey"
<eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:
> > The US, using ATSC tuners (2 on PCI bus) - will be adding a dual home run
> > via internal seperate ethernet card (to keep data traffic off the switch).
>
> Why do you want to keep data traffic off the switch?  That seems like
> overkill, unless it's a really old 10Mbps switch or something.
>
> Eric

Well, I figure two streams in, then one out, then a laptop accessing the
internet, then also the backend computer accessing the internet, and
perhaps a Roku accessing data as well...

It seems like a lot of data - this way the second port (which I had
lying around anyway) has its' own ip address in the range of the
hdhomerun and data never actually touches the router.

I believe it is a 100/10 router/dsl modem combo.  And actually, I have
all ports filled with a spare laptop in the computer room that I
occasionally will use to log with when I am playing with amateur radio
(and the main computer is being used by the wife).  No biggie to remove
that, but if I have the card and the ability, why not give it a try :)

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com