[mythtv-users] How many simultaneous recordings on one drive?

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:54:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Martin Bene <Martin.Bene at icomedias.com>wrote:

> > What is the limit (realistically) for one drive I/O?  I don't run jobs
> during primetime; from 4pm-11pm the machine has no jobs.
> > If it can't, should I just get an hdhomerun single (cheap on the used
> market)... or am I already pushing it, performance wise?

I have a single 1.5 TB drive separate from the OS/DB drive for recordings
and have yet to have any problems and it has been running this way for a few
years.  I have 3 single rec and 3 multirec tuners and have been recording
5-6 things at once while watching one without any problems.  It used to have
a stutter as new shows started but with the latest trunk I don't even have
that anymore.

Lee