[mythtv-users] Fwd: User Jobs Failing

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 23:28:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-28 at 17:25 -0500, Conor Klecker wrote:
> What am I doing wrong? I know that the script for the renaming works
> since I type it in as:
>
> sudo ./usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/user_jobs/mythlink.pl
> --link /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/recorded/ --format '%T/%T%-%S'

Hi;

It looks like you're running your tests as root.

1st, I'd go to wherever your recordings are stored and make sure
all of them still have owner & group set to mythtv.

When testing from the command line, remember to run your scripts
as the mythtv user (or, not perfect, but: sudo -u mythtv command.)

Bill