[mythtv-users] Mixing dvb-t2 and dvb-t tuners.

Chris Simmons chris at simmons.titandsl.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 20:13:02 UTC 2011

We've just gone through digital switchover here and I'm thinking of
getting a dvb-t2 tuner to compliment my nova-t 500 dual dvb-t tuner.  My
question is how would I go about setting this up?  I currently use the
rt xml grabber and would like to continue doing so.

I'd guess I'd have to do this
1) Make a new dvb-t2 source (I've got one called dvb-t2) and connect the
new tuner to it.
2) Make a second rt-xml config that includes hd channels for dvb-t2.

Or perhaps I should just shunt it all under one input source?  I'd
imagined that this would result in it trying to record dvb-t2 stuff on
the dvb-t devices though.

It seems a bit daft having to have to rt xml configs as well.  Perhaps I
can get away with one for both devices that includes all channels.

Has anyone had experience of this?  What works for you or gotchas etc.

I've read stuff about mixing dvb-s2 and dvb-t but there may be extra
complications here as they can both tune to (some of) the same channels.

Cheers,

Chris.

PS I'll probably get a nano Stick 290e but that's probably neither here
nor there...