[mythtv-users] How many simultaneous recordings on one drive?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Wed Sep 28 15:58:54 UTC 2011

Sorry for the simple question, but the archives for the answers seem to
have everyone talking about RAID setups, and my setup is much simpler
than that.

I have an EIDE drive that holds the OS, and a 2tb 5400gb green drive on
SATA (1.5 setting due to older motherboard).  I have two capture cards
that work great, but I plan on adding a hdhomerun (plugged into its' own
ethernet port on the motherboard so I don't clog up the router), and was
wondering if my system could handle recording four shows at once while
playing back a fifth?

What is the limit (realistically) for one drive I/O?  I don't run jobs
during primetime; from 4pm-11pm the machine has no jobs.

If it can't, should I just get an hdhomerun single (cheap on the used
market)... or am I already pushing it, performance wise?

Thanks in advance,
--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com