[mythtv-users] delete permission

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Wed Sep 28 15:33:43 UTC 2011

> The user is mythtv.  Im writing to an nfs.  The nfs shows the files being
> owned by nfsnobody and lately by 109 whoever that is.  Deleting worked fine
> before I switched to sl61.  Excuse ant typos Im writing this one handed with
> a grumpy 3 month old in my lap!

To keep permissions properly synced between the server and client with NFS,
you need to make sure the server and client have the same UID/GID settings.
So the NFS server you are connecting to needs a "mythtv" user with the same
uid/gid combo as the client.  Could it be as simple as that? Your OS change
could have changed some security settings in NFS as well. I doubt this has
anything at all to do with myth itself and is all about NFS and file
permissions.