[mythtv-users] delete permission

Les Noland lnoland at xnet.com
Wed Sep 28 14:26:34 UTC 2011

[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Rick
>Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:00 AM
>To: Discussion about mythtv
>Subject: [mythtv-users] delete permission
>
>I get the following when I try to delete programs.
>
>2011-09-28 09:20:38.154 Delete Error
>'/htpc/recordings/1523_20110924010000.mpg'
>			eno: Permission denied (13)
>
>It looks like the mythtv user doesn't have permission.  How do I go
>about fixing this?
>
>Rick
I had this problem quite a lot when I first started using MythTV.  I
discovered that some of my recordings were recorded with mythtv as the owner
and group and some were recorded with my login as the owner and group.  That
wouldn't have been too big a deal if the group had write permission in all
cases because I had added mythtv to my default group and my login to
mythtv's default group (which is the first thing I would recommend that you
do).  Unfortunately, some of the recordings allowed group write and some did
not (I have no idea why there should be such a discrepancy -- I suspect it
had something to do with which backend did the writing and whether the
filesystem was local or nfs, etc. coupled with inconsistencies in the code
for handling different scenarios).  I finally got past the problem by
implementing acls on all of my filesystems and setting the default acls on
the directories to allow full control to both users.

- Les

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org