[mythtv-users] analog channel change - trunk

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 27 01:16:16 UTC 2011

On 09/26/2011 06:48 PM, Andrew wrote:
> Is there a known issue with changing channels (livetv) when using an
> analog input and channel change script?
>
> I just upgraded to trunk [v0.25pre-3370-g7fa4d4e]  and find that my ivtv
> (PVR-150) connected to it's composite input fails to change channels.  I
> had similar problems in 0.24, but that was solved by changing from a
> framegrabber card to the PVR-150.
>
> It's seems unrelated to the channel change script or to the analog
> source, as I changed the script to immediately return (thus no
> interuption in the input source) and the fault still appears.

In 0.24-fixes and beyond, that may actually be worse than waiting until
the channel change is complete and the tuner has "settled down."  The
signal monitor now tracks external channel changes so it can identify
failures, so you /should/ wait until the channel change completes--but
make sure you've increased the tuning/signal timeouts sufficiently for
your channel change script.

>    "Waited
> too long for decoder to fill video buffers. Exiting."
>
> Is there an existing ticket for this issue?

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9177

Mike