[mythtv-users] 0.24-fixes w/ Ceton patch: "MythSocket(934f8f8:58): writeStringList: Error, No data written on writeBlock (928 errors)"

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Sep 27 18:36:16 UTC 2011

On 11-09-27 02:30 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi,

> After an unsuccessful attempt to enter LiveTV my backend shows this:
> MythSocket(934f8f8:58): writeStringList: Error, No data written on
> writeBlock (928 errors)
> over and over again with the # errors count fluxtuating in the 900's.
>
> I can't figure out how to get it to stop without restarting the
> backend, and while it doesn't seem to affect recordings, it does
> prevent me from watching a recording or entering livetv again.
>
> anyone have any ideas why this is occuring?

No idea.  I get similar problems trying to do livetv on master.  I've
reported them here (and filed a bug, iirc) but I have not gone back and
tested again since doing so.

But, FWIW, I've pretty much given up on the idea of livetv with mythtv.
 My experience is that it fails to work more times that it works and is
just a painful experience in terms of channel changing lag and whatnot,
and given that the livetv experience is usually about channel surfing,
it's a non-starter.

Cheers,
b.