[mythtv-users] Use local fan-art on recordings screen

Mark Boyum mark at boyum.us
Tue Sep 27 15:33:56 UTC 2011

> I don't think that they only accept HD images. It's more likely that the
> pictures were not in the right dimensions and resolution. Did you follow
> the guidelines for uploading?
>
> http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php/Series_Banners
>
> http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php/Fan_Art
>
> http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php/Posters
>
> "Season banners must be 400x578 for DVD Covers or 758x140 for Wide Banners."
>
> "Episode banners must be:
> No larger than 400px by 300px and
> No smaller than 280px by 150px."
>
> You should try again to upload the pictures again with the right specs
> so that others can profit from it the same way like you profited from
> the work of others. After you uploaded the pictures it could take a few
> hours until they appear depending how busy their servers are.
>
> Thomas

Thank you both for your responses.  I posted the question to their
forums, http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7704.  The
response is that they do require the image to be either 1080 or 720
and do not allow lower res images to be upscaled.  Since I only
receive it in standard def, I'll have to go the route of creating the
file locally on my MythTV system.  I would gladly upload to them if I
could do so within their requirements.

-Mark