[mythtv-users] Determining HDTV status of recording

Les Noland lnoland at xnet.com
Mon Sep 26 07:15:11 UTC 2011

I am trying to figure out how to determine the hdtv status of a recording.
The recorded table does not seem to contain this information.  It is
available in the recordedprogram table but that table appears to include
both current recordings as well as previous recordings.  While it might seem
that I could just join the recorded table to the recordedprogram table, I
can't figure out a foolproof way to do that.  I thought about joining on the
chanid, starttime, and programid fields but it turns out that the starttime
in recorded is, apparently, the start time of the recording whereas the
starttime in recordedprogram is the scheduled start time.  Though, I suppose
I could fudge something using an approximate range of times, besides getting
messy it is a little less precise than I would prefer - I want this for a
custom recording rule so it would be best that the query runs as quickly as
possible.  It seems odd to me that there is not some direct link between the
recordedprogram table and the recorded table since, I presume, there is a
direct logical link between the two (I presume that recorded refers to the
actual physical recording and recordedprogram refers to a program which has
been recorded, and therefore, at least until the recording is deleted, that
recordedprogram entry directly corresponds to an entry in the recorded
table).  Can anyone help me out with this?

Also, what does recordedprogram contain for a recording which is split?  For
example, if the machine is rebooted while a recording is in progress, upon
coming back up the recording resumes as a second recording - I presume that
there are two entries in the recorded table in such a case.  Is there still
only one in recordedprogram?

Thanks.

- Les