[mythtv-users] mythtv, vdpau, ion, vsync tearing issues.

Simon Jones sijones2010 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:12:56 UTC 2011

On 25 September 2011 11:00, James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have mythtv running on a atom-ion box.
> I run the nvidia drivers and have mythtv set to use vdpau.
> When playing HD videos, there is quite a lot of "tearing" displayed on
> the screen.
> I tried compiling the latest git repository with the
> "--enable-opengl-vsync" but this does not appear to be a valid option
> any more.

make sure this is in your xorg file

Section "Extensions"
    Option         "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

and as the previous email, make sure you enable vblank in the settings and
save them, you then call nvidia-settings on X loading to reload the settings
each time. You can add this in to the autostart etc.