[mythtv-users] nvidia 280.13 segfaulting with UseEvents under xorg-server-1.10.4?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 13:24:26 UTC 2011

I just upgraded my Gentoo mythtv machines, including an upgrade to
x11-base/xorg-server-1.10.4 which , as far as I understood, requires
the nvidia 280.13 drivers.

I was already using the 280.13 drivers under xorg-server-1.9.5.  After
the 1.10.4 upgrade, X was getting "Segmentation fault at address
0x130".

Commenting out the nvidia UseEvents option in xorg.conf seems to
prevent that.  Anyone else run into that?  I'm a little concerned, as
I've been using the UseEvents option since I built that system,
although things seem to be working fine.

Tom