[mythtv-users] Storing recordings on network share

sususu xunspam-sususu at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 25 09:49:40 UTC 2011

im using XFS and though i have to admit i sometimes(random once a 2 months on my "big" system)  have a uncleared recorder failure
especially recording 4(sometimes more) programs in parallel at  maybe 3 MBit/s per stream works fine with allocsize 512MB and a cheap segate 1TB

(also with the system on the same disk but different partition and using almost no swap with 2GB RAM)

however i also use NFS to give the old system the possibility to access the recordings of the big system too.

though i don't record through it a major performance drop even when reading can be viewed and even expanding the NFS buffering does not get rid of it completely
when working with NFS one can see that accessing files only partially and not reading through causes some stuttering too as with many small files
this would either call for a "temporary file" (Buffer) stored locally and feed through the NFS in a constant stream or use of a different networkFF (both some options i have not evaluated yet completely)