[mythtv-users] Storing recordings on network share

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 10:24:09 UTC 2011

Travis Tabbal wrote:

>Generally speaking, I agree, larger buffers are probably called for
>on HD material, but even if you buffer a few gig, at some point the
>HDD has to catch up, or you lose data.

True, but I figure there are few things that are going to cause such
IO (or at least seeking) that will preventing the disk catching up
within a few minutes. I don't mind an occasional stutter during
playback, but having recordings corrupted to the point of
unwatchability is more than a tad annoying.

--
Simon Hobson