[mythtv-users] Upcoming recordings empty, table problem?

john rwc at bestpond.com
Thu Sep 22 05:53:23 UTC 2011

Hi All,

On Thursday, September 22, 2011 01:06:38 PM john wrote:

> On Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:27:28 PM Michael T. Dean wrote:
> > On 09/21/2011 08:29 PM, john wrote:
> > > I am running mythtv on Opensuse 11.4 (Tumbleweed) using binaries from
> > > Packman (myth versions mythtv0.24.1-0.pm.5.1-x86.64) which were
> > > updated in past day or so.
> > >

> > > I have been using mythweb to check my system status across 3 systems
> > > as I have been tracking a couple of tuner issues. Then yesterday I
> > > look at the upcoming recordings list and got a 'broken' mythweb, no
> > > listing and these messages:
> > >

> > > " Warning at /srv/www/htdocs/modules/tv/upcoming.php, line 95:
> > > !!NoTrans: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()!! "
> > >
> > > "Warning at /srv/www/htdocs/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php,
> > > line 16:
> > > !!NoTrans: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
> > > (output started at /srv/www/htdocs/includes/errors.php:150)!!"
<snip>

> > > Should I just restore the database or is there some direct action
> > > needed with mysql to rectify the missing table?
> > >

> > > Thanks for any help here.
> >
> > First step, optimize_mythdb.pl .
>
> I had actually run that yesterday. To make sure I have just run
> optimize_mythdb.pl again... then restarted mysql & mythbackend.
>
> Problem remains, upcoming recording list is empty.

I decoded that I should try to reinstall the database, as I do have the most recent "good"
version .  I followed the full instructions as per the wiki, dropped the old database and
restored the good one. This went smoothly, and completed successfully.

I restarted mysql and mythbackend and looked at Mythtv --> Upcoming Recordings and blank,
nothing. Then Ifollowed Mike's First step optimize_mythdb.pl  ..and success!

I checked upcoming recordings in MythWeb and all was well there and no warning messages.!

So all well again, thanks to Mike and Manuel, problem solved. (Even though I am not really
sure I know what really caused it).

Thanks,

John

--