[mythtv-users] Problems Running Headless MBE/FE with Fedora 15/Gnome 3

Mark Boyum circushair at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:57:42 UTC 2011

> Are you saying I can run X on TightVNC on Windows 7? That is my client.

If you are going to use VNC you can boot your backend to the text only
console.  Then use putty (or similar) to ssh into the backend from
your Windows computer.  Start vncserver from the ssh session and then
launch your favorite VNC client on the windows box to connect over to
the backend.

If you're new to Linux it isn't necessarily straight forward but
nothing a bit of Google-Fu can't overcome.