[mythtv-users] May have found a cause for a bug I am experiencing with the verison of 0.24 that will eventually become 0.25

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Sep 20 16:27:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Douglas Peale
<Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have two network interfaces: eth0 and eth1. Currently, eth0 is connected to the internet. Will their names swap around like
> the video0 and video1 do? Will I have to make another udev rule to make this work reliably?

This may vary by distribution, but I know that on Debian, the udev
rules for network cards are written automatically so that they don't
swap around.  If your system isn't configured to do that, then you
should write the udev rules yourself, otherwise it is a security risk.
 If you have ports open for services on an internal network, and the
cards were to swap, you'd suddenly have ports open on the internet
side, and that wouldn't be good.

Eric