[mythtv-users] OS X backend build with working firewire?

Joann Bessler bessler at dccnet.com
Tue Sep 20 02:41:43 UTC 2011

On 2011-09-19, at 5:26 PM, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> Looks like a fix was committed back in February 2011 to re-enable PPC compilation:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/4ce4707321aeec4387af11804265d9d4dba7b388/
>
> BTW, did you know that the source is now controlled through Github rather than svn?  The build procedure is pretty much the same but you have to get osx-packager.pl from Git.  There is a page in the wiki with some more notes on the Mac OS X build process:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Mac_OSX_build

Thanks Craig! I'm always grateful for your advice; I'll pursue this avenue further. I've already found the first broken link, but that one should be easy enough to resolve. I'll let you know if I get a good backend build for my PPC.

On 2011-09-19, at 5:26 PM, Paul Raison wrote:

> Have you tested the firewire on the sourceforge builds? Firewire is enabled on these builds but I've not actually tested it myself.

Yes, over the weekend I downloaded, installed, and tested Mythbackend-0.24.1-fixes-intel-10.6v0.24.1-84-g8f865a6-dirty.dmg on an intel Mac. The firewire source doesn't lock … Myth won't even change channels on the firewire box. Everything works fine on the version I'm currently using, Mythbackend-release-0-23-fixes-PowerPC-20100807_Rev.25586 from the Snyderpad. I was hoping I was just unlucky, and that there were other releases that worked, hence my original post.

I truly appreciate the help available on this list to slackers like me that want the easy solutions.