[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 blue recordings

Patrick Oglesby octoberblu3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 01:12:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Neil Cooper <neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my backend is running 0.24.1 and has a single HVR-2250 tuner card. Sometimes I get recordings that have a blue screen only. I'm guessing because it was scheduled on the card's 2nd tuner hardware but I haven't proved it.
>
> It seems that somehow (only) the card's 2nd tuner hardware isn't being initialized properly on opening.
>
> I have 2 input groups set up (1 analog and 1 digital input on each group). Both digital tuners are setup to open on demand, and to not do EIT scanning. Tuner timeouts are the default values.
>
> I guessed that the analog and digital inputs both listed as number 0 are shared hardware and the two tuners listed as number 1 are shared hardware. Is this (necessarily) true? (Could it be e.g. 0 and 1 are shared hardware, and 1 and 0 the other shared hardware?)
>

> I also found that in 'watch live tv' analog input 0 and digital input 0 seem always OK, yet digital input 1 can't tune and gives me a blue picture until I switch to analog 1, tune it to a differnet analog channel, then switch back to digital 1. It can then tune the channel it couldn't before.
>
> Has anyone else with an HVR-2250 had this experience?  Is this a known mythtv bug? I don't think its a hardware issue as I can get all the tuners working fine outside of mythtv.
>

> Thanks guys,
> Neil Cooper.

I have the 2250 and a Ceton card in the same backend.  Only once,
after screwing around with setting up the Ceton card did I have a
situation where the 2nd tuner would not function properly but the 1st
would.  A reboot fixed the problem and I can't really offer any other
advice.  This card has been rock solid for me.

- Patrick