[mythtv-users] Possible to Disable Mute Status on Volume Change?

E. Westbrook mythtv-users at westbrook.com
Mon Sep 19 06:38:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 16:42, Brian Fischer <brianafischer at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Richard Morton
> <richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Good point. It is something I have noticed but we don't use mute, we use
> pause! However
> > if you are watching a subtitled programme such as US tv in holland
> i(which is subtitled in
> > dutch for the dutchies) I can see how a mute status on the volume
> dialogue and/or this
> > unmute behaviour would be beneficial this would be annoying.

I've found that a nice feature for closed captions on some televisions.
Handy for when watching TV but can't make any noise or use headphones.  And
I am NOT admitting to doing that while on the telephone.  :)

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 00:23, Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

> How would it know which subtitles. Many countries have multiple subtitle
> tracks.

Probably can't do better than acting as if the "T" key was pressed.  Which
is still good.

$0.02,
Eric