[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 PCI-express cards

Robert Longbottom rongblor at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 18 16:56:05 UTC 2011

On 18/09/2011 15:26, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What are people's experiences with the various DVB-S2 cards.
> The TBSDTV cards are good in the sense that their spec sheets are
> good, with Sensitivity and bps details listed.
> The Hauppauge cards have in the past been good, but development of new
> PCI-Express cards seems to be slow.
> Hauppauge also do not publish their sensitivity and bps details in
> their datasheets, so it is difficult to compare the two using data
> sheets.
>
> Does anyone have experience with the above cards, and any others they
> would recommend for use with mythtv.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> James

I have a Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual (v2) and using Oliver Endriss' tree from
linuxtv.org it's been running well for the past 12 months or so, albeit
on an older (2.6.35) kernel.  No problems with missed recordings or
dropouts.

I've not tried updating to a newer kernel due to lack of time and
motivation but at some point I'd like to and I'm just hoping that the
changes in that tree have now made it to the kernel because the
in-kernel drivers didn't work very well wil multiple simultaneous
recordings last time I tried them.

Cheers,
Robert.