[mythtv-users] Playback problem with VDPAU

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 00:56:48 UTC 2011

2011/9/17 Tim Draper <veehexx at gmail.com>:
> re-reading your original post, it looks like that your RAM is not running in
> dual-channel mode. based from a few other atom/ION based posts here, then
> that there is causing you issues.
>
> from other peoples experiences, the stuttering can be related to a RAM
> bandwidth issue, so it might be worth rechecking BIOS settings/version to
> ensure things are working correctly.
>
> interesting point on the CPU playback profiles; i know they are far from
> optimal, but didnt realise they were removed from the dev version.

Thanks Tim, the first post-problem is on my father MythTV (no
dual-channel), but the last myhfrontend logs are from an other MythTV
(with dual-channel). On both system have similar problems.

I start mythfrontend with -v all and start to tail with lots of "grep -v":

tail -f mythfrontend.log | grep -v "AO:" | grep -v "AFD:" | grep -v
"RingBuf" | grep -v "A/V timecodes audio" | grep -v "WriteAudio:
Preparing" | grep -v "AVSync" | grep -v "MythSocket"

I am checking what happens on errors, I notice that mythfrontend can
not execute a command to change the audio prealloc so I make a sudoers
rule:

echo 128 | sudo tee /proc/asound/card0/pcm3p/sub0/prealloc

I am looking for more error/fails, but I don't know if they are
important and really affect to playback stops:

2011-09-18 02:36:32.150 Player(7): Failed to enable deinterlacing

2011-09-18 02:46:32.357 ALSA, Error: WriteAudio: buffer underrun

I will try tomorrow all the day with the prealloc, thanks for all your help.

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano