[mythtv-users] mythbuild.sh cross compile for windows qt error

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 16:57:13 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 18:35 -0400, Eric Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:
>> > On Thu, 2011-09-15 at 22:19 -0400, Eric Smith wrote:
>> > [snip]
>> >
>> > NB the updated version of mysql (5.1.58) wasn't patched during the build
>> > process as the version didn't match any in the mythpatches-0.24 that you
>> > have.  If you build a debug version then there is an important patch to
>> > apply to an assert that incorrectly fires during normal operation.
>> >
>> > You can download the updated patches from here:
>> > http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythpatches-0.24.tar.bz2
>> >
>> > or just delete the old archive and mythbuild.sh will download the new
>> > one.
>> >
>> > I've also updated the mythbuild.sh script with the mysql version change
>> > and a fix to the download() function to ensure that it returns with an
>> > error if an archive couldn't be fetched. The new script is here:
>> > http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythbuild.sh
>> >
>> > --
>> > Lawrence
>>
>> Are you saying the error I saw during installation was due to the
>> missed patch, or is that error insignificant?
>
> The installation error isn't important - it's due to ffmpeg build
> changes and shouldn't affect normal operation.  I've fixed it in the
> latest script.
>
> However, the missing mysql patches are crucial to configuring Qt with
> mysql support.  Without it Qt configure fails, well it does for me.  I
> don't understand how your build completed successfully without them.
>
> The patch is identical to that for mysql 5.1.55 so you could:
> mv mythpatches-0.24/mysql-5.1.55-win32 mythpatches-0.24/mysql-5.1.58-win32
>
> or simply delete the old patches and allow mythbuild to download the latest.
>
> The patches also fix a problem with the debug build.  If you want to get
> a full traceback for a runtime error then a debug build is essential.
>
>>   I'll grab your new
>> script and patches and do another build, but I'm not sure if I
>> actually need that or not?
>
> I think that you should run a clean build: mythbuild.sh -C
>
>>   After a quick look last night things
>> seemed to be working pretty well.  Now that I have had more time to
>> play with it I'm having trouble getting consistent video playback.
>> With the direct3d render I get "corruption" in the image (which I
>> think may be the wallpaper/whatever other window is behind the video
>> displaying).  The corruption seems to get worse if I move the video to
>> the 2nd or 3rd monitor and have the window focus somewhere else.  If I
>> use opengl playback will start and I can hear the audio, but the video
>> never appears and the "playback starting" window stays on the screen.
>> I'll work on grabbing some more logs to see if I can track down those
>> issues, but if you have any thoughts its appreciated.
>
> You may want to try Windows DXVA2 support.  If so you'll need to rebuild
> [...]

I wasn't clear a few posts ago, I did mv the mysql patch directory to
match the new 5.1.58 name.  According to the logs it was patched
successfully.  I just did another clean build and added dxva2 support.
 While that seems to clear up the corruption in playback, it causes
the frontend to crash when exiting playback.  I can provide playback
logs or open a ticket if that's helpful.