[mythtv-users] What Tuner Did a Recording Come From?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 15 20:27:39 UTC 2011

On 09/14/2011 06:25 AM, David Watkins wrote:
>>> I also don't see any "Started recording" messages in my backend log.
>>>
>>> I'm  running  v0.25pre-3072-g50606cd without any -v arguments set,
>>> although I do have --nodblog (can't remember why I did that!).
>> The message is also written out in master at general.  The format is
>> slightly different, though, so I'll likely have to fix the regex when
>> 0.25 is released and I upgrade to it.  (Unless someone else beats me to
>> it--but please make sure you don't break the regex for 0.24 and previous
>> versions.)
>>
>> Still, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be output.  I'd need some
>> default-verbosity logs to even start guessing.
> I'm not really concerned about it but if you're interested here's a
> snippet of my backend log at the start of a recording:

> 19:00.984514 I [1741/1848] Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2466
> (HandleRecordingStatusChange) - Tuning recording: Tootsie: channel
> 1002 on cardid 1, sourceid 1

Ummm...  Don't these lines have date + time versus just time?

Anyway, using your log snippet, I updated the script so that it may work
for people using unstable/development code (still untested against
"live" data).  I modified the regex to detect the lines, appropriately,
based on the standard and console log file format used in unstable.
That means it should work with the log files created by --logpath or -l
or the console output (i.e. if redirected to a file); however, it won't
yet work for any Ubuntu users or others who are using syslog output--if
any user running master with syslog output wants to post a snippet of
their syslog log file showing the line, I can update it to work for
syslog users, too.  (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:Syslog_Configuration_Files )

Also, for master, there is a new tuning status, 'Tuning recording,' that
will be output for users with slow channel-change scripts (such as
HD-PVR users) (or maybe just all users with external channel change
scripts?), so I updated the script to consider these, too.  This is why
you didn't see any "Started recording" lines, David.

However, this still doesn't explain why Alex isn't seeing the messages,
since he said he's using 0.24-fixes, which doesn't have a "Tuning
recording" message.

If it doesn't work, please let me know.

Mike