[mythtv-users] Prioritize new episodes...
Les Noland
lnoland at xnet.com
Wed Sep 14 14:44:49 UTC 2011
>-----Original Message-----
>From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of George Galt
>Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:23 AM
>To: Discussion about MythTV
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Prioritize new episodes...
>
>On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Kris B. <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:04 AM, "Tom Bongiorno"
>> <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have a handful of kids shows that record once a week with the "Find
>>> and record one showing of this title each week." setting in MythWeb.
>>> I also limit the number of episodes per title. This helps rotate my
>>> catalog of kids shows. This works well, but I want to ensure that new
>>> episodes will be selected before reruns. Is there an option that I am
>>> missing or do I need to make a custom priority? Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> -Tom
>>
>> Tom, I am not sure this is even the right way to do it, but what I do is
>> make two entries, and one of them has a higher priority (with a larger
>> retain # of episodes cache), and filtered to new episodes only, and then
>> I have a second entry for the same show with a lower priority.
>>
>> This is so I can get reruns of Family Guy and Simpsons, and they record
>> daily and disappear after two weeks regardless, while new episodes will
>> ALWAYS record due to the higher priority and stick around. The reruns
>> have a hard cut commercial remove and transcode so I can watch them on
>> my rokus in any room commercial-free, while the newer episodes are
>> transcoded, but no commercials are removed (but they are flagged). The
>> hard-cut isn't always perfect, and I lose the end credits/coda sometimes
>> but since it is a rerun, I don't really care.
>>
>> --
>> Kris B.
>> krisbee at krisbee.com
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>> http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>>
>
>Kris:
>
>I tried something similar a while back, but the problem I encountered
>was that the episodes that expired were treated as "deleted" for the
>purposes of rescheduling, so even if I had never watched a rerun, if
>it dropped off the queue, it was never re-recorded. Do you have this
>same issue, or have you found a way to have expired episodes be
>treated as "deleted and allow re-record"?
>
>Thanks,
>
>George
>_______________________________________________
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>http://www.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
George -
If, in your lower priority rule (the one which is designed to pick up
reruns) you set in record options "Look for duplicates in current recordings
only" it should only avoid recording a show if it has it already recorded.
- Les
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20110914/8b1ec188/attachment-0001.html
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list